Oklahoma City Drug Trafficking Defense Lawyers
Client-Based Advocacy & Strategic Defense. 70+ Years of Combined Experience!
All drug crimes are taken seriously by the law. Drug trafficking, however, is especially looked down upon. The government takes public safety very seriously and assumes that most drugs that are trafficked into/within the US are from non-US soil, and thus pose a high threat to our nation. As such, if you are charged with drug trafficking or are under investigation for this crime, you must act fast and retain our drug trafficking defense attorney at Coyle Law Firm.
We are very well known in the legal community and have worked with all sorts of judges and courthouse staff over the years, meaning there’s a high chance we may know the judge who’s assigned to your case. As a result, we may be able to leverage our insider knowledge of how the judge analyzes, scrutinizes and formulates their opinions about a case to prepare a stellar defense on your behalf.
Substances in Drug Trafficking Cases & Subsequent Penalties
Depending on the substance and amount involved, you could be looking at hefty fines and lengthy jail times if convicted of drug trafficking in Oklahoma City:
Cocaine or coca leaves
Penalties for trafficking cocaine include 10 years to life in prison.
- 28 grams or more: $25,000 to $100,000
- 300 grams or more: $100,00 to $500,000
- 5 grams or more: $25,000 to $100,000
- 50 grams or more: $100,00 to $500,000
Penalties for trafficking ecstasy include 4 years to life in prison.
- 30 tablets/10 grams -100 tablet/30 grams: $25,000 to $100,000
- 100 tablets/30 grams or more: $100,000 to $500,000
Penalties for trafficking heroin include 10 years to life in prison.
- 10 grams to 28 grams: $25,000 to $50,000
- 28 grams or more: $50,000 to $500,000
Penalties for trafficking LSD include 10 years to life in prison.
- 1 gram to 10 grams: $50,000 to $100,000
- 10 grams or more: $100,000 to $250,000
Penalties for trafficking marijuana include 10 years to life in prison.
- 25 pounds to 1,000 pounds: $25,000 to $100,00
- 1,000 pounds or more: $100,00 to $500,000 (minimum 15 years in prison)
Penalties for trafficking methamphetamine and amphetamine include four years to life in prison.
- 20 grams to 200 grams: $25,000 to $200,000
- 200 grams to 450 grams: $50,000 to $500,000
- 450 grams or more: $50,000-$500,000 (minimum 15 years in prison)
Contact Coyle Law Firm for Dedicated Counsel and Advocacy
Understanding the penalties you may face after a drug trafficking charge is the first step to building an effective legal defense. Coyle Law Firm’s attorneys are here to guide you through the challenges you face in pursuit of the best attainable outcome. Even if you are under investigation but have not been charged, you should be proactive and call (405) 232-1988 so we can get started on your defense as early as possible.
“Excellent. As always this law firm is dedicated to be there every step of the way for you.”- Alyssa W.
“None better if you're in trouble.”- James D.
“When I say this firm has treated my WHOLE family like we are a part of their family is a understatement.”- Ray G.